Monday, October 21, 2013

Agaricus Campestris II

The Agaricus have returned!!!! I have waited and waited, patiently checking the hill that I found the first one on every few days and today there were finally more. It was quite dark out when I found them so I can't say how many there were, but I grabbed two big huge ones to take home with me and there was at least one more little button poking through the grass that will be big and delicious soon!

Without further ado, here are my beautiful funghi:



Aren't they beautiful???

The larger one has a cap that measures 5 inches across! I am still deciding how I want to cook these guys. They taste almost exactly like grocery store bought button mushrooms apparently and the big one looks big enough for a mushroom burger perhaps! I will try to remember to photograph them when they are all cooked up. Hope you enjoyed this post! I have found a few great mushrooms in the past few days, so more posts will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment